Monday, November 18, 2013

Methi Matar Malai Murgh


Another of Seema Hussain's special recipes! There is so much to learn from her cooking - she is definitely one of the top inspirations for me...she is a master-class! I would love to eat her special dishes one day! she lives in Saudi Arabia so that is a definite possibility! 


The recipe and the photograph she posted on her FB Page was inspiring enough for me to give this very famous recipe a try and even though the way my recipe looked very different from Seema's recipe! Bandita as always was game to sample this and helped me in the Kitchen! without her no cooking is possible for me as I find it extremely boring to cook alone in the kitchen! so invariably she is always a partner-in-rhyme for me! in Travelling, watching movies and cooking as well!

This one is an extremely flavourful, low on spices and a delightfully delicious recipe! and I am not boasting but would like to say that this tasted like the one we get in restaurants! It makes me feel real good that I have improved my cooking skills so much in the last 3-4 months! and have moved ahead from the days of National-Shaan Spice Mixes! and there is a long way to go and I am ready to go the distance! Big thanks to all the FB Food Pages I am a part of for inspiring me for exploring this passion!

And now the Recipe Details...

Ingredients:

Chicken   - 750 grams
Green Peas (Matar) - 1 Cup (Boiled)
Butter - 3 tbsp
oil - 1 tbsp
Whipped Cream - 1/2 cup (I used Half Fat Almarai Fresh Cream)
Yoghurt - 1/4 cup (I used Half Fat Almarai Fresh Yoghurt)
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste - 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
Onion - 1 (Medium Size)
Tomatoes - 2 (Medium Size)
Green chillies - 2
Green Coriander - 1/4 bunch
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tbsp
Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp (Crushed)
Salt - As per taste

Method: 

1. Marinate the Chicken with Yoghurt & Lemon Juice and refrigerate for half an hour.



2. In a blender put roughly chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies, green coriander and make a fine paste out of it.



3. Heat the oil & butter in a non-stick pan, add ginger & garlic paste, stir for 1-2 minutestill it changes colour to brown.



4. Add the green paste, stir and cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes or till the oil starts floating on the masala.



5. Add the marinated chicken, salt as per taste, some water, stir well and cover the lid

6. Keep stirring in between and when the chicken is about to done then add the Boiled Matar, Garam Masala powder, Kasoori Methi, cook for 5-6 minutes and then add the whisked fresh cream and simmer on low heat for another 5-6 minutes.



7. Cook till the Chicken is well cooked and the Butter-Oil starts floating on the gravy.



8. Enjoy with Rotis and Rice.

9. Thank me Later.



Till the time we meet again…

Cheers to life…

Till then ride safe and have safe sex…

Hasta la Victoria Siempre…

1 comment:

Idiot_love said...

well yeah toh bada hi shaandaar hai.... main samajh hi nahi paa raha hui...ki issey khau ya ghoorta hi rahi....