This one is subtle & mellow, a little sweet, a little tangy, a perfect blend of spices and delightfully delicious! Do give it a shot!
I could not come up with any other name for this dish so thought of "July Chicken Curry"!
Another Recipe inspired by Shivajee Chandrabhushan of Sikandalous Cuisine!
Chicken - 1 kg, cut in small pieces
Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Vinegar - 1.5 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 2 large (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 10-12
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes - 2
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
Water – 1 cup
Salt as per taste (Remember you had put it in marination too)
Dry Roast, Grind and make a paste:
Kashmiri Dry Red Chillies – 6 (deseeded)
Fennel seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp (I used Melon Seeds)
Cinnamon - 1'' long
Cloves - 6
Green Cardamom - 4
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, vinegar, and required salt. Mix well, keep aside overnight. (if you don't have this much time then 2-3 hours marination should suffice)
2. Puree the tomatoes and keep them aside.
3. Dry roast and grind red chillies, fennel, cumin, poppy, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom into fine powder. Add few spoons of water to make a paste and keep it aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil. Add sugar and let the oil get a shade darker.
5. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry for a minute. Then add the finely chopped onions and fry till the onions caramelize and the colour changes to a brilliant golden shade!
6. Then add ginger garlic paste. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Then add the pureed tomatoes, and fry well for another 5-7 minutes.
7. Add the masala paste, fry till oil separates and the aroma envelops you and the kitchen.
8. Then add the marinated chicken, coriander powder and mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Then add a cup of water and adjust the salt as required. Mix well. Cover and cook for atleast 15 minutes in medium flame.
10. Check the consistency of the gravy and let it simmer in low flame till the oil starts separating.
11. Serve with fresh tawa rotis and rice.
12. Thank me later.
So till the time we meet again……..
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…