This has been one of my favourite dishes cooked by my Mother since my childhood days! one fine day I thought of venturing into making it so called her up and got all the recipe details....she wished me the best of luck...and once the final product was ready and I am not exaggerating here, it was equal if not better than the way she cooks! one of the simplest yet so delicious dishes from the ever-so-humble world of Aloo!
And today I would be making this again & for the first time for my wife...hope she likes it too!
Without any further adieu here it goes....
- 4-5 medium sized Potatoes
- 500 grams Sour Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Green Coriander
1. Boil the Potatoes, let them cool, remove the skin and then mash them to small sized pieces.
2. Add some water in the yoghurt and whip it.
3. Heat the oil and crackle the Cumin Seeds, add the Hing and turmeric.
4. Add the whipped sour yoghurt and keep stirring the mixture continuously so that the yoghurt doesn’t get curdled
5. Add the coriander powder, salt (note that salt also went into the yoghurt to make it sour so use accordingly) and the red chilly powder
6. Add the boiled potatoes now.
7. Once the potatoes take the yellow colour you know the dish is cooked
8. Garnish it with freshly chopped green coriander leaves (which I didn’t as you can see)
9. Enjoy this with Rotis & Rice
And your Che Style Dahi ke Aloo are ready to be enjoyed....
Till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…