Thursday, March 10, 2011

The BoP Neemrana Naags

I don’t know why God plays so many Weather Games with me during my Motorcycle Rides but still he does; I kind of enjoy these games but at times they take a heavy toll as it has happened in the past and this time it was no different…if it were not the rains this times then the Fog played spoilsport & we had no answer to it this time round…

This ride planned on Sunday 27-February-2011 was supposed to be “The BoP Abhaneri Ajgars” but we were fogged and it became “The BoP Neemrana Naags”…initially it was big setback for all of us but by the end of this ride none of us minded it too much because the ride had all the BoP elements – Bakchodi, Beer, Liquor, Laughter & to top it all 190 kms. of Riding…

I badly wanted to conquer Abhaneri as it has the World’s deepest Baoli or Stepwell and the photographs on the Internet were enamouring to say the least plus I was very excited to do a long bike ride as the next one would only be in Aug/Sep 2011 but in the end we all had to settle with Neemrana…but what a time we all had…read on to find more about the Ajgars-turned-Naags…

The Naags were:

1. Vikas Garg aka “Tony Basher” on his Maroon Modified Beast
2. Diptinder Singh Chhabra aka “Maker’s Mark” on his Black Electra 4S
3. Rohan Kaushik aka “Dawaai Bataane Waalaa” on his Green Classic 500
4. Aman Maangat aka Guest as Haaji’s Pillion
5. Vihans Gupta aka “Pillion by Choice” as a Jagat Pillion
6. BK Atreya aka “Prescription Likhne Waalaa” on his Red Karizma
7. Dhruv Malik aka “Offroader” on his Silver P220
8. Deepak Chauhan aka “Kam Khaane Waalaa” on his Black P220
9. Shubham Sachdev aka Moody on his Black P220
10. Che aka “Snoring-Sleeping Motorcyclist” on The Mighty One


Hangover Start…


We had a BBB Meet in the night and I got back home drunk, slept for just 4 hours & woke up sharp at 4:30 AM to be at the LVP Start Point at 5 AM. I had a severe hangover-induced headache, wasn’t feeling too well & on the top of that couldn’t manage a dump; all ingredients for a tough start. Unexpectedly Vinamra reached the last and we finally started the ride at 5:45 AM in clear & pleasant weather.

Ajgars get fogged…

As soon as we crossed Manesar after encountering the shitty traffic enroute all hell broke lose & we were hit by extremely dense fog and almost zero visibility. I was leading the pack of riders & just could not ride with ease, it was painfully tough to ride through the fog as it’s the case with me always but somehow managed the courage to ride on – taking inspiration from The BoP Amritsar Aakramaks Ride when I led a pack of 12 riders through similar fog for almost 60 kms but this time I couldn’t repeat that act of valour & finally stopped…The Ajgars got together & we decided to finalize our next move at the next Dhaba with some much needed Hot Tea…


Ajgars turn into Naags

As Prem Chopra famously said in one of his many movies “ Mera naam ha Ajgar, main dasta nahin, nigal jaata hun”’ we tried our best to stay as Ajgars and tried to swallow the fog but it was way too much for me so we all decided to stop for an early Breakfast Pit Stop and abort our Abhaneri Mission.

The Tony Fiasco…


This is for you Vihans – “I accept my fault of stopping at “Tony Cold Drinks” which was a nightmare for all of us”….more so for Vikas who turned into a Tony-Basher at this infamous joint. I was feeling very sick & wanted to dump badly so decided to stop at this small joint on NH-8. I went straight to dump with my dear comrade – Deepak Chauhan who also wanted to dump to get ready for the upcoming breakfast & snakes…

We ordered Paranthas & to say the least they were outrageously atrocious…improperly cooked & with no flavour at all but as all of us were really hungry we somehow managed but Vikas lost his cool & it was a rare sight for all of us as nobody had seen Vikas getting furious in any of our previous rides, he was particularly aghast at the Waiter & blasted him like crazy & good on that waiter’s part as he took all that bashing with a smile & gave some witty but untimed replies which pissed Vikas even further.

Beer Stock-up


During the Tony-Bashing we all decided to head towards the Neemrana Baoli and have another BBB Session at an archaeological site & as all of you know we love getting drunk at places of historical interest; having done that previously at The Tughlaqabad Fort at New Delhi, The Tijara Fort at Tijara, Rajasthan, The Ranthambore Fort at Ranthambore, Rajasthan and a host of others…we stocked up our Beer from a Highway Theka and went towards the Baoli…

BBB @ Baoli…


Until this point we had Vikas with us but he didn’t reach the Baoli with all of us, we presumed he was beating the shit out of that Waiter & we all prayed for his well-being as that poor waiter would have had no chance of matching up to Vikas’ Mega-Size!!! Finally after losing his way 4-5 times Vikas appeared and joined the BB Session…

And then The Naags started another of our legendary BBB Sessions on the top of the Baoli & believe me it was a Vantage Point, we could see the dry fields on our right side & the Baoli on our left; there was a deep well right next to us which always looked a sureshot danger to all of us as there was no way we would have reached the top if any of us would have fallen into that deep shithole!!! But somehow we stayed safe…

Sunny was in full form during the session & never stopped blabbering & for a change I was a much less silent spectator!!! Plus as perfect hosts we were all very courteous towards our “Guest” and ensured that he was in utmost comfort at all the times…Mr. Chauhan gobbled up the Chakhna like there was no tomorrow and this after polishing all those shitty paranthas at Tony’s; man this guy has some appetite…

And then it happened….for me the funniest moment of the day…as BK is studying Psychology I started asking some inquisitive queries about “Depression” and he gave some perfectly legible replies…out of the blue Sunny asked him “BK Bhai, tu prescription likh sakta hai?” to which BK very innocently replied”Haan” and then came the bummer….pat came Sunny’s reply “Dawaaiyiaan main bataaunga!!!” & after that for well over 7-8 minutes only laughter peals were heard from all of us….I guess for people who were not there can’t get the humour out of this but believe me it was hilarious & that’s an understatement…I still laugh whenever I think of Sunny’s reply…

The Pics say it all….how much we enjoyed the BBB Magic…all over again & hopefully the good time never get over!!!


Talli Sleep…


I got so exhausted after so much of laughing & plus I got drunk as well that I decided to have a short nap at the Baoli-Top and what a blissful sleep it was, I mean how many times would I enjoy that kind of a sleep…I don’t think I would be second time lucky…I was told that I was snoring very loudly as well!!! In my defence all I have to say is that I had not slept properly for the last 3 nights & I very well deserved that nap…

Baoli Visit…


After Drinking, Bakchoding, Smoking, Eating & sleeping we decided to go down towards the Baoli, we all thought that the Baoli deserved one trip atleast!!! It was very well constructed & surprisingly well-maintained as well…I even went to the bottom of the well which was an extremely dirty place with so much of littering…another example of our thankless & uncivilized countrymen who don’t know to appreciate & preserve the historical heritage of our beautiful country…

Lunch Time…

The Laugh-Exhaustion finally took a toll on all of us & we left the Baoli to get some much-needed & deserved good food for lunch after the Tony Fiasco and this time Dhruv didn’t make a similar mistake as what I committed, he referred us to Hotel Tokas Midway which was bang opposite the Neemrana Cut…it was nice-little place & surprisingly clean for a Highway Motel…we ordered our food & it was served piping hot in literally no time & as we have experienced in the past once the food was served we all were quiet for the next 30-odd minutes gobbling up the food as some hapless Somalians would have done in UN Camp!!! The lip-smacking food was the best way to drive away the disappointment of the pathetic breakfast we all had to endure…


We all rested in the Garden for some time & resuming our Bakchodi once again & the weather was also perfect for it…not too much sunshine & a cool breeze flowing through…

Non-Stop to Gurgaon…

At last we had a long-run…some 90 odd kms where we all rode non-stop towards the Gurgaon Toll where we had decided to gather for the final goodbye…Sunny had to stop midway for a dump so he & some other riders came late…I passed my time asking for a light from people crossing us but to no avail & was kept waiting till Sunny joined us who as always had flipped my Lighter!!! I had the final Sutta of the ride and then we all bid goodbye to each other promising each other that we would meet again…Inshallah…

Another first was that we had reached way before our regular Ride-Return Time so me & Vinamra decided not to have our Final Beer Break but not before we loudly chanted “Jai BoP”…that’s one tradition which would be never ever be done away with…

Though this ride would always remain a disappointment to all of us as for the first time in BoP’s history we were unsuccessful in conquering our final destination but still the Baoli-Top Bakchodi made up for it…

The Pics from the Ride:

Dhruv’s Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/105356869555002733917/BOPNeemranaNaags
Vikas’ Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/gvikiv/WeekendRideToNeemrana?feat=directlink
My Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/jha.nishant/TheBoPNeemranaNaags?feat=directlink
Shubham’s Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/shubhs86/NeemranaNags

I would be riding next only in August or September 2011, that’s when I would be visiting India next…till then I would try my best organizing BoP Rides from here in Kuwait & keeping the Bakchodi Mails flowing…

Che would be back on the road again…

Till that time have safe sex & ride safe…

Hasta la Victoria Siempre…

Jai BoP…

7 comments:

Idiot_love said...

Surprisingly boring....

Ken Slayer said...

Spoilt Weather. But the BBB session was of another league. u describe it rightly as one that left us exhausted from laughing.

its a long wait till Aug, bhai.

Che Guevara on the Road said...

@ Jimmy....attend one of our rides and believe me you wont find any of our blogs boring...its called the BoP Magic !!!

Che Guevara on the Road said...

@ Vinamra...seriously maan I was completely drained out...hadnt laughed this much since atleast 1-1.5 yrs !!!

Sahi mein yaar kaafi long wait hai and even August is dicey as of now due to my Eye Operation...dekho kya scene banta hai...agar hua operation then I wud make a comeback in the Anniversary Ride only...

Fenil Seta said...

Look who's here!

Awesome write-up! Coincidentally, just few days ago I heard some very interesting (and haunting) stories about Abhaneri and that from a Delhiite. Hope u get a chance to go there soon and hope to see your travelogue on the same!

Saw the pics too (those posted by you). Maker's Mark Bourbon Handmade Whisky look awesome! The litter at Baoli was really shameful. However Tokas Midway Model was too good...esp the lawns!

Keep rocking buddy!

FENIL

Che Guevara on the Road said...

Hey Fenil...

I guess your friend might be mentioning about BHANGARH...and incidently that was my first bike ride of my life !!! went there in March 2008...

Sadly I dont drink hard liquor so cant describe the taste of the maker's mark whiskey...

Thanks for commenting...

Cheers...
Che

Rang said...

Nice stuff, also visit this site and some of your experiences. www.travelertalks.com