In my tryst of exploring all the Indian Cuisines in our Kitchen one very important element was missing and that is Bengali Cuisine so the moment I saw Rajeev Nandagopal's recipe on Sikandalous Cuisine I knew this was going to be the first Bengali Dish I would give a shot at! Rajeev is a master when it comes to cooking and I have followed a lot of his recipes already!
This recipe came out very well indeed; we were a little worried after the marination that it might get too spicy but fortunately it didn't! It was very flavourful, high on spices and mighty delicious!
1500 grams Chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces)
100 ml Mustard Oil
5 medium sized Onions pureed
6 tbsp Ginger garlic Paste (equal portions)
12 Red Chillies (this can change due to personal capacity!)
For the Marinade:
2 tbsp Shahi Zeera
2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
2" stick Cinnamon
12 Green Cardamoms
3 tbsp Poppy seeds
2 tbsp lemon juice
Dry roast these and make a powder.
Add 10 green chillies crushed in a pestle to this powder.
1. Marinate the chicken with the spice mix and 2 tbsp mustard oil overnight.
2. Heat the remaining Mustard oil,add the onion puree and fry till the colour changes to a mild brown.Then add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and Bhunno for another 5-7 minutes to get that perfect Brown colour!
3. Add the marinated chicken with the marinade and red chillies and seal on high for 7-8 minutes.
4. Cook this on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add water depending on the gravy consistency you desire.
6. Cook till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
7. Enjoy it with hot tawa rotis and steamed white rice!
8. Thank me later
So till the time we meet again...
Cheers to life...
Till then ride safe and have safe sex...
Hasta la Victoria Siempre...