Kasuri Methi as an ingredient has always been amongst my top favourite spices be it in Allo Sabzi, Paranthas or Pooris! and when I saw this recipe on Sikandalous Cuisine (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sikandalous/) posted by none other than Dr. Rajeev Nandagopal I just could not resist!
This sounded and looked like a very straight-forward, easy to make and mighty delicious dish! so here it begins...
1,250 gms Fresh Chicken cut into small pieces
5 tbsp Hung Curd
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
6 tbsp Kasuri Methi warmed and powdered by hand
75 gms Ginger
6-8 Garlic pods
1 medium sized onion
3 tsp Red chilli Powder
2 Green chillies
1. Make a fine paste of the Onion, Garlic Pods and Ginger
2. Add all the spices and curd with this paste
3. Marinate chicken in this mix overnight after covering it with a cling wrap
4. Heat the Mustard Oil in a non-stick pan and let the smoky aroma fill your kitchen and eyes & nose
5. Bhunno the chickken with the Marinade on high flame for 10 minutes and see the colours of your life, I mean the chicken change!
6. Add water (basis the gravy consistency you prefer), cover the lid of the pan and let it simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes
7. Cook covered till it is almost done
8. Add the green chillies after slitting them and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
9. Adjust the seasoning as per your choice
10. Lose yourself in the aroma of this delicious dish
11. Before you get lost completely enjoy this dish with Hot tawa rotis and plain steamed rice.
12. Thank Dr. Rajeev first and then me Later.
So till the time we meet again……..
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…