Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Whole Wheat Home-made Pizza

  



I am sure everybody loves eating Pizza; it is one of this things which is an universal favourite!

Pizza for me during my childhood days was all about the Onion Tomato Capsicum Pizza at the Bungalow Road, Kamla Nagar Nirula's Outlet which was my family's favourite and also of all my friends....right till the college days we used to be regulars there and always ordered this Pizza! Till that outlet closed down and so many memories faded away with it....

And then when Diabetes hit me eating that High Carb Pizza from outside became very tough for me and I started avoiding it completely...so wanted to try some low Carb home-made Pizza Recipe....

Since we moved to our home here in Kuwait we have been utilizing our OTG to the maximum! Cakes, Muffins, Baatis and what not! and since many days wanted to make Home-made Pizza too at home so started to explore a perfect recipe for the same from the internet and finally found a real good one so had to give it a try!

Here is the recipe which I followed: http://www.chiquskitchen.com/2013/10/homemade-pizza-recipe-with-wheat-flour.html. Thanks to Chiqu's Kitchen for this recipe and starting the Pizza Tryst for me!

And this was going to be my first experiment with the enigma known as "YEAST"...I had read so much about it's magical properties but had never given it a try so I was understandably excited and was also a bit worried too about how the Pizza Base would turn out...too thin, too thick, burnt or perfect! and in the end it came out pretty OK....so was more than happy with my effort!

Here you go with the recipe...

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon dry instant active yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Oregano

Toppings: 
  * Onions
  * Capsicums
  * Tomatoes
  * Mushrooms
  * Jalapenos
  * Black Olives
  * Smoked Chicken Salami


Shredded Cheese:
  * Mozarella
  * Cheddar

Method:

1. Add the yeast to 3 tbsp lukewarm water. Add the honey and mix well and rest for a while.

2. In a bowl, combine the wheat flour, salt, olive oil,water and the yeast mixture. Sprinkle oregano for flavor.

3. Mix well with your hands. Knead the dough well to form a ball.

4. Take out the dough, oil the bowl and put the dough back. Turn the dough over so all the sides are coated with the oil.



5. Cover it with a cling wrap and leave it undisturbed for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.



6. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

7. Take the dough out from the bowl and punch it down. Roll back into a ball and roll it out to the required thickness and diameter you like.

8. Prick the rolled dough with a fork and spread the Prego Chunky Garden Tomato sauce.



9. Top with the toppings of your choice and bake for 25 mins.



10. As we had a rectangular Overn Tray so made the Pizza in that shape and not in the conventional Circular shape!

11. We made 2 Pizzas - one vegetarian and the other non=vegetarian.

12. And once the Pizzas came out they tasted so well! all the efforts were worth it!



13. Thank me Later...

I am definitely gonna make this many a times in the future and make myself perfect in the process!



Till the time we meet again…

Cheers to life…

Till then ride safe and have safe sex…

Hasta la Victoria Siempre…



No comments: