Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lemon Rice with a Ginger-Garlic Twist



Had a late & heavy breakfast today so decided to have a light lunch! Bandita made some boiled rice thinking I might get hungry (which I always am!) ; was watching a nice movie named Venus starring Peter O'Toole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(film)) and I don't know why an idea of making Lemon Rice came to my hungry (you see!) mind and off I went to the Kitchen!

Thought of improvising the easy recipe a bit by bringing some twist to it! and I am so glad the result was so delicious! and it made me really happy because it was the first time I was making Lemon Rice in whatever shape or size!

Here you go with the recipe...

Ingredients: 

1. 2-3 bowls of  boiled White Rice
2. 2 tbsp chopped Garlic
3. 2 tbsp chopped Ginger
4. 6-8 Curry Leaves
5. 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
6. 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
7. 2 tbsp Channa Dal
8. 2 tbsp Urad Dal
9. 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
10. 3 tbsp Refined Oil
11. 4 tbsp unsalted Peanuts
12. 3-4 Dry whole Red Chillies
13. Salt to taste
14. Mustard Seeds (I didn't use but can surely be added)

Method:

1. Heat the Oil and pop the Channa Dal, Urad Dal & the Peanuts
2. Once they are nice & brown add the chopped Ginger-Garlic, Haldi, Laal Mirch Powder & whole plus the Curry Leaves & saute for 2 minutes
3. Add the Rice and the salt
4. Sprinkle the lemon juice and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
5. The Twisted Lemon Rice is ready to eat!

Yeah it is that easy; won't take more than 10 minutes! and I am sure you would love the taste!

Do share your feedback in the comments section!

Till the time we meet again…

Cheers to life…

Till then ride safe and have safe sex…

Hasta la Victoria Siempre…

Jai BoP!


No comments: