Friday, October 5, 2012

Sachin Kalbag's Choice ||| My Views

Sachin Kalbag and me share atleast 2 common passions - Food & Movies...for the uninitiated Sachin is an illustrious Media Person (Print Media is his forte) and he is currently the Executive Editor of Mid Day and prior to this he was working with Mail Today in Delhi...we know each other owing to our Eating Out in Delhi (EOiD) Association and have been on various food trips together in & outside Delhi too...

On 17th September we were nonchalantly chatting on GTalk and a discussion started on Movies and SachinJi (as I fondly call him) asked my "Top 3 Acting Performances" of Hollywood, but before that I asked his Top 3 and he came up with his eclectic list!


  • Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects
  • Edward Norton in Primal Fear
  • Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove


Fortunately or unfortunately I hadn't watched any of these 3 movies properly and decided to watch them ASAP...and finally finished watching all of them today...

And here are my brief reviews...(in my order of preference of liking)


Primal Fear




Brilliant movie this...Edward Norton is simply brilliant...though I have never liked him much but this movie would surely change my mind now on! a brilliant story well told...gripping, enthralling and has enough twists to keep the viewer glued all the time...I am a big fan of Laura Linney as well & she has done a real nice job too...and well Richard Gere - he looks a dapper as always...great acting by him too...our Bollywood also made a copy of this movie - Deewangee starring Ajay Devgun & that was nice too...this is definitely a must-watch for all lovers of the neo-noir genre...my rating 4/5...

The Usual Suspects




Shame on me for watching this so late! what a bloody awesome movie this is...a twisted plot made so gripping & entertaining by the Director and the superb acting of Kevin Spacey - what a brilliant performance - par excellence!!! the ending blows the viewer away and the entire story played back in my mind even after the movie ended! Definitely one of the best neo-noir Crime movies I have watched...it's definitely a must watch! my rating 4/5...

Dr Strangelove



I love watching satires and this one clearly gets to the top of the list! Petter Sellers in his triple role is simply brilliant in this movie...my favourite was his "Dr. Strangelove" performance for his uncontrollable hand Nazi gestures and his accent! Kubrick - the master director's repertoire is way too awesome - Horror, Drama and Comedies...what a man he was! the comic elements in this movie are subtle and needs understanding and are not obvious funny moments and that's what makes this movie different than others! I loved it and recommend it to all...my rating 4/5...


Hope you like my reviews SachinJi and a BIG THANKS to you for introducing me to these 3 movies...I am so glad I watched these 3 pieces of Cinematic Brilliance!

Cheers to Life...

Hasta la Victoria Siempre...

Che

1 comment:

Madhukar said...

Kaizer Soze ko ab pahchana tu...a very well written review, brief and to the point...