Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sabudana-Kesar-Naariyal Kheer





I recently subscribed to Diabetic Living India on my iPad and the biggest reason for it was the cover page of the latest edition! It was irresistible and I could not just stay away! It featured a Kheer with a Rose Petal garnish! surely looked WOW! More details here: http://diabeticlivingonline.in/index.aspx

So had to make this one for sure; Sabudana has always been a favourite since childhood when my Mummy used to make Sabudane ke Papad and Pakode when we were growing up! and then after marriage I got introduced to the wonderful Sabudana Khichdi which Bandita makes!

Plus this Kheer also had 1 of my other favourite ingredients - Coconut! and I decided to improvise and added Kesar for good measure too! so now you know why this is irresistible!

And then this was made with Splenda so no sugar-laden guilt!

Without further adieu...the recipe details...

Ingredients:

Sabudana Pearls: 100 grams
Grated Coconut: 50 grams (I used the dry version but the fresh version would do wonders)
Low Fat Milk: 1 Litre
Almonds: 6-8 chopped
Kesar: Few Strands
Splenda: 20 grams
Green Cardamom Powder: 1 teaspoon

Method:

1. Soak the Sabudana Pearls in water for 90 minutes

2. Soak the Kesar in warm milk for 5-10 minutes

3. Boil the milk in a non-stick saucepan and add the Cardamom Powder & Chopped Badam to it

4. Add the drained sabudana pearls, grated coconut and the soaked kesar in the boiling milk

5. Keep stirring till you get the desired consistency

6. Shut the flame and then add the Splenda and mix it well.

7. Let it cool off but if you are out of control like me then have it piping hot as I love my Kheer hot and not icy cold as many people prefer!

8. When you are done, garnish with some chopped Badam and then take a photograph!

9. Thank me later....


Till the time we meet again…

Cheers to life…

Till then ride safe and have safe sex…

Hasta la Victoria Siempre…

No comments: